Gilbert AZ Nutritionist – How many calories should you eat?
Wake up in the morning and go for a power walk without any food. Since you have not eaten anything since your dinner the day before, your sugar stores will be low and your body will be more prone to burning fat.
Also, go for a fast walk rather than a run. We want you to be in your fat burning zone for this. The best way to find your fat burning zone is with what is called a VO2 Metabolic test.
• Total carbohydrates to as high as 100-150g/day on the days you are exercising and then keep your total carbohydrates at 50 to100 grams on your non-exercising days.
• Total calorie breakdown: 50-60% fat, 20-30% protein, 10-30% carb
• Maximum snacks=2/day
• Continue to avoid soy and commercial dairy, while grains and legumes if probably soaked and sprouted are OK
Do high intensity intervals 2-3 times a week.
Here is a sample training schedule:
• Monday: 30-45min fasted cardio morning then 20-30min afternoon interval cardio
• Tuesday: 40-60 weight training
• Wednesday: 30-45min fasted cardio morning then in the afternoon do yoga or sports (tennis, golf, basketball)
• Thursday: 40-60min weight training
• Friday: 30-45min fasted cardio morning then 20-30min afternoon interval cardio
• Saturday: 45-120 min workout challenge (new class, new sport, metabolic inefficiency) or weight training
• Sunday: rest, recovery and easy movement (i.e. nature hike)